Advanced Anti-Colic Bottle
Thank you for choosing our Advanced Anti-Colic Bottles! Here is everything you need to know to get the best experience with your bottle, for you and baby
Preparing for Use:
Before first use disassemble and place all the components in boiling water for 5 minutes. This is to ensure hygiene.
- Disassemble your bottle
- Wash ALL parts in warm, soapy water and rinse or use a dishwasher (top shelf only).
- Use a teat brush to gently clean the teat, do not turn inside out as you may damage it.
- Reassemble the teat and screw ring and then place all parts in boiling water for 5 minutes or use another method of sterilisation such as a Microwave Steriliser or Electric Steriliser.
- After sterilising reassemble your bottle. When assembling your bottle, it is important that you check the lid of the venting tube is fully closed.
- To prevent the teat from collapsing, check that the slit in the silicone valve has not sealed. If it has sealed pinch it gently between your fingers to ensure it’s open.
Storage and Use:
- Inspect before each use and pull the feeding teat in all directions.
- Always clean and sterilise before each use.
- Keep away from solvents or harsh chemicals.
- Do not allow the product to come into contact with oil based foods.
- Not suitable for use in a conventional oven or a combination microwave oven with the grill feature switched on.
- Do not leave a feeding teat in direct sunlight or heat, or leave in disinfectant (sterilising solution).
- Teats are recommended to be replaced at least every 2 months for safety and hygiene reasons.
- Please dispose of this product and packaging responsibly.
FAQ’s and Troubleshooting
What happens if I put the venting Tube in straight after making a feed?
Placing the venting tube into boiling or hot liquid won’t damage it, but it may force liquid up the tube which can cause your bottle to leak when it’s assembled.
Closer to Nature Teats look the same, can I use them on the Advanced Anti-Colic Bottles?
No, you can’t use Closer to Nature teats on Advanced Anti-Colic bottles. Closer to Nature teats have a built-in air valve, and don’t work with our Advanced Anti Colic bottles. The valve in your Advanced Anti Colic bottles is situated inside the bottle, attached to the end of the venting tube and is shaped like a star. It’s important that you make sure you match the right teat to the right bottle.
Can I buy Bottles with faster flowing teats?
All of our bottles except the 340ml version currently come with slow flow teats as standard, as they’re best for newborns and most parents generally stock up on bottles before baby arrives. Our 340ml bottle comes with a Medium Flow Teat.
As your baby grows and can feed more quickly, you can buy faster flowing replacement teats.
We have medium flow teats, which most babies are ready for at around 3 months, and a fast flow teat which is best from around 6 months. The ages are only guides though – you know your baby better than anyone and will be able to tell when they’re ready for a faster flow.
I’ve heard bad things about BPA – Is it in your bottles? (& what is it anyway?)
All Tommee Tippee bottles are BPA-free. They’re made of a plastic called polypropylene that’s lightweight, easy to clean, and completely safe. BPA – that’s (CH₃)₂C(C₆H₄OH)₂ for you science geeks – is a chemical that’s been used in some plastics since the 1960s and it’s believed to mess around with your hormones. It’s generally not good, so we don’t use it.
Can I store Breastmilk in bottles?
Yes, our bottles love to look after your breast milk. We even have special lids that you can pop on to store your milk in the fridge or freezer.
How does the Venting Tube work?
The air draws into the tube and through the star valve away from baby’s milk.
The star valve is a one-way system and seals with every gulp, it prevents milk travelling back up the tube to stop any leaks.
Does my baby need an Anti-Colic Bottle?
For peace of mind, all of our Tommee Tippee bottles are anti-colic as standard. This means they’re designed to minimise the amount of air that babies consume with their milk and for all babies, this can only be a good thing. However, if your baby does develop colic symptoms (about 20% of babies will) then that’s when we’d recommend using our Advanced Anti-Colic bottle. With an advanced vented tube, it draws air away from your baby’s milk, to help combat colic, gas and reflux. It’s our best bottle for reducing feeding discomfort. Our Closer to Nature bottles have an anti-colic valve in the teat which helps to reduce symptoms of colic by preventing excessive air from getting into your baby’s milk.
Please click on the link below and download the Advanced Anti-Colic Bottle Product Manual.Download PDF