Candidbaby is the distributor for Tommee Tippee in South Africa.
- information relating to the race, gender, sex, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, age, disability, language and birth of the person;
- information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- information relating to the financial affairs of the person;
- credit card details and transactional data;
- any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number or other particular assignment to the person;
- the biometric information of the person;
- correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- the views or opinions of another individual about the person;
- the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person; and
- any other information which may be treated or defined as “Personal Information” in terms of any applicable laws, including data protection legislation.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We process Personal Information you submit when you use this website or otherwise provide it to us. The type and level of information requested will depend on the services you use.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal Information provided or collected via this website or otherwise will only be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- to provide you with customer support and advice;
- to provide you with customer service, and to address any complaints you may have;
- to ensure delivery of products ordered by you though our website to your chosen address;
- to help us understand your needs and interests and how we can improve this website and our products and services;
- to analyse the use of the website to ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other access device;
- to monitor and/or keep records of our e-mail and other communications with you, and to address the nature and purposes of the communications. Telephone calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes and to assist us in providing you with the best service possible. We will inform you when we record calls;
We may use the information you provide about your children to help us understand your needs and interests (and those of your children as they grow) and to better tailor our services and communications to you. For example, we may use the information you provide us about gender or birth date of your baby to send information about gender or age-appropriate goods and services as your child grows.
HOW TO OPT-OUT
You can choose not to receive marketing communications from us at any time by either using the unsubscribe facility in an e-mail.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Third Party Companies: We may share your Personal Information with certain service providers who provide services for us or perform administrative, delivery or marketing activities on our behalf, or who develop, host or maintain the website. These service providers may be granted access to some or all of the Personal Information you provide or we collect, including sensitive Personal Information such as stage of pregnancy, or other information regarding the health or condition of a person. Such service providers will be restricted from using the Personal Information you provide other than as is reasonably necessary to perform their services for us. We may also use service providers to assist us in aggregating and anonymising such information, so that it does not include any information from which any individual can be identified.
Business Transfers: If all or part of the business of Candid Baby is bought, sold or otherwise transferred, the Personal Information you provide or we collect, including sensitive Personal Information, may be transferred as part of the purchase, sale or transfer.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination within South Africa. It may also be processed by staff operating outside South Africa who work for us or for one of our service providers. By submitting your Personal Information, you are agreeing to this processing.
When processing your Personal Information, we shall:
- ensure that we comply with applicable Data Protection Legislation;
- comply with all applicable industry codes of conduct to the extent that they regulate or relate to the processing of the Personal Information; and
- keep the Personal Information Confidential.
We shall take all reasonable and appropriate technical and organisational precautions and measures necessary to secure the integrity and confidentiality of your Personal Information and to prevent any loss of, or damage to, or unauthorised destruction of your Personal Information and to prevent the unauthorised or unlawful access to or Processing of your Personal Information. For this purpose, and to the extent required by Data Protection Legislation, we shall:
- identify all reasonably foreseeable internal and external risks to the Personal Information in our possession or under our control;
- establish and maintain appropriate safeguards against the risks identified;
- regularly verify that the safeguards are effectively implemented; and
- ensure that the safeguards are continually updated in response to new risks or deficiencies in previously implemented safeguards.
We may notify you where there are reasonable grounds to believe that your Personal Information has been accessed or acquired by any unauthorised person, to the extent that we are required to do so by applicable Data Protection Legislation.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our site.
ACCESS TO, OR UPDATES TO, PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can ask us to update, correct or provide you with a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you. Any request for a copy of your Personal Information may be subject to a fee of R35 (or if different and relevant the sum prescribed in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013) to meet our costs in providing this to you. You can make a request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see our Cookie Statement for details of the cookies we use on this website.
This website is intended for South African residents unless otherwise stated.