It’s great to see that you’ve purchased a GroClock Connect. To help you set it up and to keep it working effectively, this support page has all the guidance you should need, plus some handy hint, tips and troubleshooting advice.
How do I add the GroClock Connect to my Tommee Tippee® Smart App?
First, download the Tommee Tippee Smart App from Google Play or the Apple App Store and register your account.
Then, tap “Add Device” on the Tommee Tippee® Smart App Home Screen and choose the GroClock Connect.
To connect via your Wi-Fi signal band must be limited to 2.4GHz during the connection process…
- When you plug your device in to turn it on, the Wi-Fi symbol will flash.
- Follow instructions within the app to select your Wi-Fi network, and enter your password
- Check the Wi-Fi symbol is blinking slowly. If not, press and hold the large Sleep button on the back of the product until it does.
- Once you confirm on the app that the Wi-Fi symbol is blinking slowly, you’ll be asked to connect your mobile phone to the device’s hotspot.
- Connect your phone to TommeeTippee-XXXX or SmartLife-XXXX and then return to the Tommee Tippee app to complete the connection.
- Please be patient, you may need to repeat the steps to connect first time.
- Once connected, the Wi-Fi symbol will be permanently displayed. The first time the App and Device connect, it may take a few moments. Please be patient. The connection will then remain in place unless you “Remove Device” from your Tommee Tippee® Smart App.
What languages does the Tommee Tippee® Smart App support?
Currently, we support English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
What do I use the Tommee Tippee® Smart App for?
Here at Tommee Tippee®, we’ve developed our Smart App to act as a Hub for all of your Tommee Tippee® Connected devices. That means you only need to download one app to access all our Connected lines.
How can my partner, or other family members, also access the controls on their mobiles?
- Within the Tommee Tippee app, select the GroClock Connect and then click on the pen icon in the top righthand corner.
- Select ‘Share Device’
- Under ‘Share with Others’ you can then choose to share via Message/Email, or you can share a link.
How can I manage multiple devices if I have more than one child using a Connected GroClock?
- Open the Tommee Tippee App and click on ‘Info’ in the bottom righthand corner.
- Select ‘Home Management’
- From here, you can ‘Create a home.’
- Enter a name for your home (location is optional, this just allows details of the weather to show on the app home screen)
- You can then create a room for each of your children.
- If you then go back into ‘Home Management’ and select your newly created ‘Home’
- You will then be able to navigate the rooms in ‘Room Management.’
- Once you select a room, you will then be able to add your connected devices to this room.
Why is red the default colour for Sleep Time and Nap Time?
Research shows that, aside from complete darkness, Red is the most effective light colour at helping promote sleep. It might seem strange at first but it’s true for adults and children alike.
How do I enter Nap mode?
For a quick power nap, simply double tap the Sleep button on the back of your GroClock Connect. The device will enter Nap mode and stay in that state for as long as you selected on the countdown timer in the App.
Why have a Nap option?
Sometimes you just want your baby (and you) to have a quick power nap. The Nap setting allows you to set a countdown timer from when you enter that state, instead of a “wake up” time independent of when the baby goes down.
How do I activate Sleep Time from my phone?
This is very easy, just open the Tommee Tippee app, select the ‘Connected GroClock’ and then click on the ‘Zzz’ circular icon in the top left corner.
Helpful Hint: you can access your Connected GroClock even faster, by adding it to your phone home screen. Just select the pen icon in the top righthand corner, select ‘Add to Home Screen’ and follow the simple 2 step instructions.
How do I stop audio playing when I enter a new state?
On the Colours screen, toggle the audio option to off by tapping the button (it will slide to grey). This will stop audio playing when that state is entered.
How do I lock the GroClock Connect to stop my children playing with it when I’m gone?
You can do this on the product as well as on your app.
On the product, press and hold the set and scroll buttons on the back for three seconds until the lock symbol appears.
On the app, the padlock symbol is shown on all pages. Tap the symbol and the device will lock. You will still be able to adjust settings in the app.
How do I change the screen colour and brightness?
Go to the Colours screen in the app and tap the State you want to change (Sleep Time, Wake Time or Nap Time). Then simply drag the dial to your preferred colour and brightness.
If your device is in that state, you will see the change immediately, otherwise you will see it when you enter that state.
What should I do if I’m having trouble connecting?
Please make sure you’re using a 2.4GHz network. You may have both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks available. Within your phone Wi-Fi settings, look for a network that has 2, 2.4, or 2g at the end of the Wi-Fi name.
If only one Wi-Fi name is displayed, you can check your network speed by following these steps:
Android users: While specific brands may vary, you can typically check your network speed in your phone’s Settings. Find the Wi-Fi network you’re connected to, then tap on it and the network information will be shown, including the speed.
iOS users: On iOS devices, you can download various apps that tell you how fast your network is, just search for ‘Network Check’ or ‘Speed Check’ within the App Store.
Some routers support both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands, but only one Wi-Fi name is displayed on the Wi-Fi search page of your mobile phone. If you go to the wireless page of the router (the entry address is usually provided on the label attached to the back of the router), you should be able to adjust the settings from there.
This product is covered by our exclusive one-year warranty when you buy from our Tommee Tippee Online Store or any of our retailers!
What is not covered?
How long are products covered?
This Warranty covers Products for one year from the date of purchase.
Please ensure you keep your receipt.
What if I brought my product elsewhere?
What if it has been longer than one year from purchase of the product?
Please click on the link below and download the GroClock Connect Product Manual.Download PDF