How to use
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Clean the breast and surrounding area.
- Do not use soap or alcohol, which can dry the skin and cause cracked nipples.
- Moisten the shield with water as this will help it stick to the skin.
- Push the shield almost inside out and place the shield gently over the nipple.
- Ensure the shield sits comfortably over the nipple and does not move before offering your baby the breast.
- After feeding, remove the nipple shield.
- AFTER EACH USE: Handwash nipple shields in warm soapy water. Rinse with clean water. Dry with a clean towel.
Cleaning and Sterilising:
- Before first use place in boiling water for 5 minutes. This is to ensure hygiene.
- Do not turn the nipple shield inside out for cleaning. Damage could result.
- Use a teat brush.
- Clean before each use.
- Always wash the product immediately after use.
- Wash in warm soapy water and rinse in clean water or use a dishwasher (top shelf only).
- Do not clean with solvents or harsh chemicals.
- Do not allow product to come into contact with oil based foods (e.g. oil/tomato based sauces) as staining will occur.
Suitable for sterilisation by steam (electric and microwave), boiling or cold water
How to use the steriliser case:
- Open the steriliser case. For best results, using a suitable measure, pour 25ml of water into one part of the steri-case.
- Clip it together to close.
- Microwave on full power for 90 seconds.
- Allow to cool for at least 2 minutes before handling.
- Open steri-case and carefully, keeping hands and body away from the opening to prevent scalding from any escape of steam, pour away any leftover water.
- Use the lid to prevent the sterilised nipple shields from falling out.
- Remove the nipple shields when required, taking care not to touch the teat.
- Drain the case fully before re-use.
Storage and use:
- Inspect before each use and pull the nipple shield in all directions.
- Throw away at the first signs of damage or weakness.
- Do not store or leave in direct sunlight or near a source of heat.
- Do not store with or allow to come into contact with solvents or harsh chemicals.
- Keep nipple shields out of reach of children when not in use.
- Do not leave the nipple shield in direct sunlight or heat, or disinfectant (“sterilising solution”) for longer than recommended, as this may weaken the nipple shield.
- For safety and hygiene reasons it is recommended that the nipple shield is replaced at least every 2 months.